Classic Manicure Process:
- Nail Preparation: the classic manicure process begins with removing any existing nail polish from your nails using a gentle nail polish remover. Then shape your nails according to your preference, whether it’s rounded, square, or another desired shape.
- Hand Soak: Your hands are then soaked in warm, soapy water or a specialized hand soak solution. This soak helps to soften the skin, making it easier to remove dead skin cells and moisturize the hands.
- Cuticle Care: Next, carefully push back and remove excess cuticles using a cuticle pusher or an orangewood stick. This step helps to create a clean and well-groomed nail bed.
- Moisturization: Once exfoliation is complete, a hydrating hand cream or lotion is massaged into your hands and forearms, providing deep moisturization. This helps to nourish the skin, leaving your hands feeling soft and supple.
- Nail Polish Application: Before applying the nail polish, a base coat is applied to protect your nails from staining and promote longer-lasting polish wear. Then, your chosen nail polish color is carefully applied in thin, even coats. If desired, a second coat is applied for a more vibrant finish.
- Top Coat and Drying: To seal and protect the nail polish, a glossy top coat is applied. This helps to enhance the shine and durability of your manicure. Afterward, a quick-drying agent may be applied to accelerate the drying process.
- Final Touches: Ensure a flawless finish by cleaning up any excess polish around the nails using a clean-up brush or a cotton swab dipped in polish remover. This step gives your manicure a polished and professional look.
- Aftercare Advice: I will always provide valuable aftercare advice to help maintain the longevity of your manicure. This may include avoiding activities that may cause chipping or damage, applying cuticle oil regularly, and scheduling regular touch-up appointments.
At our salon, we strive to provide a relaxing and rejuvenating classic manicure experience, leaving your hands looking and feeling their best.